Total Pageviews

Monday, May 18, 2015

[Documentary] ICE CUBE - "The Making of 'AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" (Part 1)

First and foremost, sorry for the huge lack of updates on The Lost Tapes the last two weeks or so but I've been super busy, plus lost both my computer, phone and my internet but don't give up hope on this much loved blog. While I haven't been updating the blog I've been heavily listening to a lot of classic hip hop that I haven't heard in years, especially the classic West Coast stuff like N.W.A.'s "efil4zaggiN", Ice Cube's 1990-1994 discography, the Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg albums, and so on. I got to say that "Niggaz 4 Life" is to me by far superior to "Straight Outta Compton" is pretty much just as good as "The Chronic", well at least almost, Ice Cube's solo debut that was made around the same was different but just as good with The Bomb Squad and Sir Jinx going in over the production hardcore while Ice Cube proved he could definitely hold down his one man show. It's a true classic hip-hop album and I'm a real sucker for documenatires about the making of these '90s masterpieces, so when I found that a real documentary on the making of the LP is just about finished you can bet I am hyped. It will be made available for free in segments via YouTube channel IceCube/CubeVision, and you can watch the first segment right now up top while the next. Watch out for the next installment coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. The making of 'Efil4Zaggin' -

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWtbVj4_uc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a must read on the making of 'Efil4Zaggin' and 'The Chronic' by Colin Wolfe one of Dre's musicians:

    http://www.waxpoetics.com/features/articles/musician-colin-wolfe-speaks-building-beats-dr-dre/

    Also,

    Check out these 'N.W.A. - DJ Yella's LOST HOME VIDEOS, RARE FOOTAGE' videos, showing N.W.A. picking out samples and recording in the studio etc...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBCuOG2wdaY

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z1n7C8BPgw

    ReplyDelete