Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DJ Mark The 45 King on producing "Hard Knock Life"

I remember back in 1998 I was all about underground hip-hop, no exception, and Jigga Man was kind of a no no. However hearing "Hard Knock Life" playing everywhere that year I could impossibly deny that it was a mad flavorful record that was impossible not to nod your head to. It was commercial but it was pure hip hop music. To this day it is one of my favorite Jay-Z records (I later came around and own all Jigga's LP:s up and until "American Gangster"), and Marcy's finest and the legendary DJ Mark The 45 King was for sure a match made in heaven. I love how the Flavor Unit veteran keeps a low profile only to once in a while pop up and deliver some of the best selling hip-hop records of its time (we all know the equally brilliant "Stan" by Eminem). Why the hell more major artists isn't contacting The 45 King is simply beyond me, but I guess they rather fuck with Lex Luger or Wundagirl. The clip is a segment that originally aired on Swedish Television and unfortunately lacks subtitles - but as the video is based around interview segments with Jay-Z, DJ Mark The 45 King and Kid Capri the majority of its length is in English, so press play and enjoy  y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment