Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[EP] LAWLESS GANG - "Detroit Badboys"

Lawless Gang is the new name of Lawless Element, who's 2005 debut album on Babygrande Records I actually started a post on here as an underrated Detroit album but I don't think I ever finished it. Anyway, for those who know the duo consisting of rapper/producer Magnif and emcee JH-Allday and was as big a fan of "Soundvisions" LP, featuring the brilliant J Dilla/Young RJ produced "The Shining" (which first put me on to them when I copped the 12"), the Madlib produced single "Higher" and collaborations with Phat Kat and Jay Dee on the mic, here's some crazy news for you.

The potent duo is back as Lawless Gang, with a free new EP and a music video that will please fans of old at the same time as they clearly have moved with the times, creating a really banging EP that I highly recommend. Called "Detroit Bad Boys", the 5 track EP is entirely produced by Magnif who does a fine job with forward driving drums and groovy basslines, rewind worthy llines and fine sample chopping. Check out the video for the lead single "M.O.E." above, and download the "Detroit Bad Boys" digital record for free below... I'm super pleased with all the hot shit that's coming straight out of the D right now!

01. "Real Niggas"
02. "M.O.E."
03. "2 Da Bitches"
04. "Loyalty First"
05. "Recline"

No comments:

Post a Comment