Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Slum Village / Havoc - "Cash Flow"

Since I first heard "Fantastic Vol. 2" I always considered myself a huge Slum Village fan. Of course, that was when one of my top 3 producers of all time still both dropped hilarious rhymes and produced all their albums in a way none other could. But although he more or less split shortly after that LP was released, as far as an official member that is, I continued checking for Detroit's Slum, and they have continued (with only one exception) to drop interesting, innovative albums that's always worth many listens. What's too bad about this original group is their internal affairs, and although they are releasing their new project "Evolution" on June 25 (which has been preceeded by some pretty hot ass mixtapes with Mick Boogie). I'll definitely check for it, that's for sure!

I came across this month old single when searching for some other stuff, that I somehow had totally missed out on. It is a single, posted on Slum's Soundcloud page, produced by none other than Mobb Deep's Havoc who does a great job with a really hard beat that suits the Slum trio just right. Both the single artwork and the actual track description clearly states that this is a Havoc joint featuring SV, rather than the other way around. However, since this didn't appear on "13", and Havoc is listed as one of the featuring artists on "Evolution" (alongside industry heavyweights like DJ Jazzy Jeff (!), Phonte & Rapper Big Pooh, Blu, Raheem DeVaugh, and Focus). So my guess is of course that "Cash Flow" will now appear on "Evolution", and I'm definitely not disssapointed by that - this is SHARP! Check out the original single artwork for "Cash Flow".

No comments:

Post a Comment