Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Talib Kweli - "Upper Echelon"

We are all more or less patiently waiting for "Prisoers of Consciousness" to drop as new Kweli is always something to look forward to. His "Ear Drum" album was fantastic shit to my ears, and so was his Madlib produced "Liberation", but judging from the singles released from "P.O.C." so far I don't really know what to expect. While they have been good, there still hasn't been anything that has blown me away, save for a couple of the remixes which with all certainty won't appear on the LP anyways.

The same goes for the latest single from the "Consciousness" project, a Harry Fraud produced, synth heavy affair titled "Upper Echelon". It's good but leaves much to be desired in my opinion, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me or sound perfect in the context of the album. One thing's for sure, I'm still hyped for the LP and I pray he hasn't gotten rid of The RZA produced cuts that was announced so lonng ago now. You can both stream and download the explicit and main versions of the song via he link below, thoguh emebeding did't work but just hit the link and feel free to drop a comment on your opinions about the song and singles we've heard so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment