Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

El-P - "Request Denied"

I must admit I've been sleeping on El-P's work the last few years but his latest album, "Cancer 4 Cure"  is one of the best releases I've listened to this year so far. You don't get beats like this nowhere else and if you ask me, El-P is at a lyrical peak here that I haven't heard him on before. Of course, he's not only bringing out his own album but also producing all of ATL legend Killer Mike's entire LP which drops pretty much back to back. Wasn't that almost the same deal with "Fantastic Damage" and "The Cold Vein" back then as well? .. Can't remember exactly but I know I used to bang the shit out of those albums back when they dropped. I got a feeling this summer will have a similiar soundtrack. Pre-order both albums from UGHH now and check out the largely instrumental monster that opens "C4C" below!

EL-P - "REQUEST DENIED"

1 comment:

  1. downloaded the leaked album, about to place my order for the retail on the strength of that. and I know I'm not getting my copy of ISWYD back from my friend I haven't seen in 4 years so i'm re-coping that as well. a quality album from front to back is worth the $ every time. EL-P is the man.

    ReplyDelete